US Awards $193 Million To Lockheed Martin For Supply Of Four MH-60R Helicopters For Greece’s NavyOctober 27, 2020
The US Department of Defense announced that a $193 Million contract had been awarded to the Lockheed Martin Corporation for the acquisition of four new MH-60R helicopters on behalf of Greece’s navy.
The announcement indicated that the contract comprised a $14 Million option to also acquire three airborne low frequency sonars.
On July 12, 2019, the US State Department had officially approved a Foreign Military Sale contract worth up to $600 Million to the Government of Greece for the purchase of up to seven (7) MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters packaged together with various spares and supporting items.
The shopping list disclosed at the time comprised:
- seven (7) MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- ten (10) APS-l 53(V) Multi-Mode Radars (7 installed, 3 spares)
- eighteen (18) T700 GE-401 C Engines (14 installed, 4 spares)
- seven (7) Airborne Low Frequency System (ALFS) (7 installed)
- ten (10) AN/ AAS-44C(V) Multi-Spectral Targeting Systems (7 installed, 3 spares)
- (18) Embedded Global Positioning System/Inertial Navigation Systems with Selective Availability/Anti-Spoofing Module (SAASM) (14 installed, 4 spares)
- one-thousand (1,000) AN/SSQ-36/53/62 Sonobuoys
- two (2) AGM-114 M36-E9 Captive Air Training Missiles (CATM)
- four (4) AGM-114Q Hellfire Training Missiles
- one Hundred (100) Advanced Precision Kill Weapons System (APKWS) Rockets
- thirty (30) MK 54 Torpedoes
- twelve (12) M-2400 Crew Served Guns
- twelve (12) GAU-21 Crew Served Guns
- eighteen (18) AN/ARC-210 APX-1990A(C) Radios with COMSEC (14 installed and 4 spares)
- twenty-four (24) AN/AVS-9 Night Vision Devices
- ten (10) AN/APX-123 Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) transponders (8 installed, 2 spares);
The MH-60R helicopter provides Greece’s navy with the multi-mission capabilities such as anti-surface and anti-submarine warfare missions primarily. The aircraft can also serve during vertical replenishment, search and rescue, and communications relay missions.